Project 1999 - Classic Everquest

General discussion area.

Moderator: Officers

Seedless

Project 1999 - Classic Everquest

Post by Seedless » Fri Aug 31, 2012 11:38 am

First and foremost - Hello to The Walkers of Vazaelle. Its been about 6 years since i've played on Vazaelle/Maelin - but I still remember most of you who were around back then :)

and........I'm addicted to EQ again. I'm playing on Project 1999 The Ruins of Kurnark - lv 28 Rogue named Seedss. I recently joined a Guild there named "Full Circle" - very cool family style guild similar to EZ, Rok, and The Walkers of course. P1999 is undoubtedly classic - class/race penalties, pre-nerf items, etc. Right now our guild is working epic 1.0's and beginning to raid hate/fear etc. Velious is right around the corner - and I'm looking forward to KD and ToV again.

There are other peeps from Vazaelle there too - just saw and chatted with a Triality member there last night.

It's free to play, easy enough to get started - find a source for EQ Titanium (no key needed) - and follow the instructions at the P1999 forums to get started - even if it is to start a toon and /say hi.

Seeds/Seedless
Seedless

Re: Project 1999 - Classic Everquest

Post by Seedless » Sat Nov 17, 2012 11:38 pm

/chatting with Beanen right now - roll a toon.

Seeds
Saldydar

Post by Saldydar » Wed Jan 16, 2013 3:58 pm

I started a druid on p1999. Quickly it brought back memories of corspe runs to get your "stuff". I am a very causal player for the winter months. Ding 21 last night. I was never a great player (still not :D ). I have only 3 WIS peices so far. Wave if you run by the crocks in O of Marr. Cazel still roams looking for someone to smash.

I was glad to see Z post and know Walkers are alive and well

Saldydar
Zahasha
Guild Leader
Location: Within a forested valley hidden deep in the foothills of the Siskiyou Mountains

Post by Zahasha » Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:00 pm

/Hugsssssssss 8)

"It is good to have an end to journey towards:
but it is the journey that matters in the end." ~Ursula K Le Guin
Seedless

Post by Seedless » Mon Feb 17, 2014 11:24 am

An update....

P1999 continues to thrive. My little rogue (53 now) has his epic, and my new guild (Taken) got their first Gorenaire kill last night. We have also recently notched Ragefire, Naggy/Vox, Trakanon, Sev, Fay, Inny, Eye of Veeshan, etc.

P1999 raiding is basically split between the "Casual" (Taken on p1999 - equivalent to ~Fantasy Awakened or Appotus Dominus on Vazaelle) and "Hardcore" (The Mystical Order on P1999 - equivalent to ~Triality or Caer Cadarn). Recently, GM's implemented a 1:1:1 policy, with spawns reserved (and rotated between) the casuals, the hardcores, and Free-For-All mobs (4-5 simulated server repops/month).

Feel free to check out http://www.takenguild.com/ - to see some dead 13 year-old content.

Look me up in game - usually on at 9:30ish est on Seedss.

Seedless/Seeds
Zahasha
Guild Leader
Location: Within a forested valley hidden deep in the foothills of the Siskiyou Mountains

Post by Zahasha » Mon Feb 17, 2014 7:24 pm

Thanks for the update Seeds :mrgreen:
Walkers is now on the Drinal server in EQ.
Have a few casual members who play on a regular basis.

Seedless

Post by Seedless » Thu Mar 26, 2015 10:38 am

Just stopping by to say hello and visit the Walkers :)

In our timeline, Velious will be released soon - the days of long CH chains, mod rod piles, necro twitches, rampage tanks and battle rezzes are almost upon us. Tonight, we raid Sky again - and I only have a couple of drops left to finish all of my Sky quests. If anyone is on p1999 from 5-9est - shoot me a /tell. I'd love to chat or arrange an adventure in a long-familiar dungeon.

I'll keep in touch :)

Seedss
Zahasha
Guild Leader

Post by Zahasha » Wed Apr 01, 2015 1:02 am

Hi Seedless -
Thanks for stopping by - sounds like your having a blast!
There are a few of us still in EQ having fun there!
Vazaelle got absorbed into Maelin, which then got absorbed into to Drinal ...
so The Walkers of Vazaelle guild is now on the Drinal server.
Walkers has its own Guild Hall and a few casual players these days.
Hope RL is treating you well!
- Zahashah

Jakhamma

Post by Jakhamma » Wed Apr 01, 2015 6:56 pm

Hi all,

For some reason I had a hankering to download EQ tonight. I guess just to reminisce the good ol' days. It is taking a while to download so while waiting I did a guild search on Walkers and found our old forum. I see Z just posted today so I still see the gang is alive and kicking. Hope to see some of you in game soon when it gets done downloading.

Take care,

Jak
Zahasha
Guild Leader

Post by Zahasha » Fri Apr 17, 2015 11:50 am

Hi Jakhamma!!!
I am so very sorry that I have missed you when you log on.
It can be a bit over whelming after so much time has passed when you do log in ... so many changes.
/help can be your friend in game also the "EQ starter guide" stickied at the top of General has lots of info
I see you found us on the Drinal server ... did you check out our nice guild hall with the fireplace and chairs?
Be sure to join the guilds chat channel as many Walker mains are active in other guilds now, but they join the channel.
/hugsssssssssssss

Seedless

Post by Seedless » Tue Aug 11, 2015 2:53 pm

I hope that you all don't mind me continuing to share my P1999 exploits :)

Velious was released last week. It pretty amazing seeing the scar in Western Wastes, near Dragon Necropolis where Klandicar spawns, for the first time in 15 years - and the entrance to ToV. I remember getting my BP for my Pally with Walkers from Telkornar so long ago - and killing Klandi shortly after Luclin was released.

Look me up.

Seedless
Shiloch Veneficus
Administrator

Post by Shiloch Veneficus » Tue Aug 11, 2015 11:06 pm

Thanks for the update, Seeds!

I enjoy reading about your P1999 exploitation. I remember reading it about it at the beginning, but I've just been too busy to sink any time into it.

I played WoW exclusively for a couple years. Finally I was curious about where EQ had gone so I reinstalled it. It was almost foreign to me, I couldn't even figure out what to do. And to think there was a time when deciding what to do was nothing but muscle memory.

Someday, perhaps!

Keep us informed!
Zahasha
Guild Leader

Post by Zahasha » Wed Aug 12, 2015 4:02 pm

Thanks for the updates Seedless - it is fun remembering back to the release of Velious.
EQ now goes to lvl 105 with an instant upgrade to lvl 85 if one wants to go that way.
Vazaelle merged then merged again and now is on the Drinal server.
( EQ also has free to play but that is best for lower lvl's.)
In the new EQ expansions many of the older expansion maps and mobs are revisited only higher in lvl with new quests, groupage and raids.
The expansion "Rain of Fear" released in 2012 revisited the Velious Expansion and was lots of fun.
Happy Hunting!

Seedless

Post by Seedless » Sat Feb 13, 2016 10:00 pm

My latest updates!

The #1 guild on the server Rampage, has woken the Sleeper in their final raid. The script worked, and Yelinak and the Sleeper battled it out before the Sleeper despawned. Members who decided they had enough 4am text messages camped eternally in ST - the remaining ~60 or so members merged with (my guild) Taken to form a new guild ~ Awakened ~.

If any of my old friends from ~15 years ago find themselves in Old Norrath - /t Seedss
Seedless

Post by Seedless » Wed Mar 09, 2016 7:20 pm

Now has the second (and only active player) Massive Heartwood Thorn on the server!