The Snowpocalypse is upon us!

General discussion area.

Moderator: Officers

Crymea
Officer

The Snowpocalypse is upon us!

Post by Crymea » Sat Feb 06, 2010 10:20 am

I'm sure a number of you EastCoasters are in the same predicament, but as of right now, I have a 5 foot snowdrift on my back patio. Looks like we've got ourselves at a bare minimum of 2 feet on flat areas, and the snow is supposed to continue for most of the rest of the day.

Best part, I'm supposed to fly out of Baltimore tomorrow morning, and I have serious doubts that I'm actually going to be able to do so. Yay winter!
Crymea says, "No tail, no sale."
Tyranimus says, "Oh, shut up you lousy monk."
Tindirt
Officer

Re: The Snowpocalypse is upon us!

Post by Tindirt » Sun Feb 07, 2010 5:18 pm

Thanks for taking the burden off us in the midwest, it's been like that for us since Nov & as I look outside now I see some great big flakes. (Snowflakes that is) :shock: I just wanna see the grass soon. Global warming seems to be a myth to distract us from the new ice age. :?
Zahasha
Guild Leader
Location: Within a forested valley hidden deep in the foothills of the Siskiyou Mountains

Post by Zahasha » Sun Feb 07, 2010 8:44 pm

:shock:

"It is good to have an end to journey towards:
but it is the journey that matters in the end." ~Ursula K Le Guin
Shinreineko

Post by Shinreineko » Tue Feb 09, 2010 1:16 am

We got dumped on by snow in Maryland too. Where I live, we got about a foot and a half. I had a real fun time digging my car out of the snowbank today. I park on the side of the road, so that totally sucked. Someone came by with a snowplow and helped me out though, which was awesome. We are expected to get at least 8 more inches Tomorrow and Wednesday, with most of it being Tuesday. I know of at least one guild member who lives in the DC area and its as bad or worse all around.
Crymea
Officer

Post by Crymea » Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:21 am

Maryland, eh? I'm in Silver Spring, so we're enjoying the same snowpocalypse! And, it's happening again today! JOY!

Even better, the flight which was cancelled on Sunday was moved to Tuesday. Guess what? That one was cancelled, too!

I love snow, but I hate it when snow ruins my trips out of the state... especially when they're supposed to take me to warmer climates.
Gildawen
Officer

Post by Gildawen » Wed Feb 10, 2010 9:42 pm

Wow, drop a couple of inches on you mid-atlantic guys and all hell breaks loose :shock:

:mrgreen:
Crymea
Officer

Post by Crymea » Thu Feb 11, 2010 9:50 am

Try close to 1 yard of it, Gild. One yard. One flippin' dense packed ice infused back-breaking yard.

:mrgreen:
Shinreineko

Post by Shinreineko » Wed Feb 17, 2010 1:53 am

You live in Silver spring huh Crymea? Cool. I live in Westminster. You're not far from where I live at all, only about an hour south of me, towards DC. I've been through silver spring on the way to DC before.

We got at least 2 feet of snow and it really screwed things up for that week. My work closed for last weekend, and a couple days this past week, which is something that just doesn't happen much. I park my car on the side of the road and i'm getting sick of having to dig it out :o