4 years is a long time

When our members walk another path from the guild, this is a crossroads where those paths meet once more, at least for a time. This is a PUBLIC forum!

Moderator: Officers

ZigonZagoff

4 years is a long time

Post by ZigonZagoff » Wed Dec 22, 2004 2:03 pm

Its been 4 years now since I started playing EQ. I believe that any game that has held my attention as completely for that long definitely deserves a Big HURRAY from me. In that time I have gained quite a few friends and some great memories. But during the same time it has added some new stresses and some disappointments. I would do it all again because the enjoyment was all consuming at times.

Unfortunately my time in the game is up when my accounts expire, which I believe is in February. I am not going to strip my toons because I may be back (who knows - I might get bored with WoW and RL). I will give away items that I think others will get good use out of. I will go through my accounts and find items and just start giving them away.

In my time in the game I have been in a few guilds: Shifting Sands, Resurgence, Resurgence of Kin, and Walkers. I want to thank everyone for all of the fun and conversations. Missing the people will be the hardest thing about leaving.

Expect me to show up once in awhile in the next couple months in game and to be a lurker on the boards. if nothing else I will have to let everyone know what is happening in my life. I still have to say goodbye in person to some people in game.
Roladoc

Post by Roladoc » Wed Dec 22, 2004 2:22 pm

Take care Zigon, you have been a good friend and Loyal comrade to many. I appreciate you for you unselfish ways and gentle and humerous attitudes to game play. I will miss you.

For myself I have been living in the world of EQ II, I wish more of my friends chose to migrate there, but each of us must find our own paths. What I will do with EQ I remains a mystery for me. I have not been able to pull the plug, but logic tells me to do so. Oh well, time and finances will tell, but then again I have maintained my YMCA membership for 2 years and only have gone twice so I dont make decisions quickly. I hope to see you soon.
Phinneas
Officer

Post by Phinneas » Wed Dec 22, 2004 3:01 pm

Have fun Zigon, I hope things go well for ya :)
Phinneas ~ Lord Protector ~ The Walkers of Vazaelle ~ My Magelo
sprak2001

Post by sprak2001 » Wed Dec 22, 2004 5:04 pm

Take care, Zig. Have fun with WOW and RL. Maybe we will see you back in EQ1.

Amicus
Fiht

Post by Fiht » Wed Dec 22, 2004 9:03 pm

Would be a most welcome lurker, Zig. You made me use my Z key more then a few times, and made me feel fortunate that I bought the keyboard that had all the letters. Many will certainly miss you, and I am one. Take care, Ziggy.

Fihty
Brakiss

Post by Brakiss » Sat Jan 01, 2005 5:58 pm

Be well, Zig. You were a most enjoyable comrade!
Adalric Brandl - Gimp of Innoruuk
Jakhamma

Post by Jakhamma » Sun Jan 02, 2005 12:04 pm

Take care Zig, thanks for all your help over the years. We'll see each other again I am sure.