Library hours

When our members walk another path from the guild, this is a crossroads where those paths meet once more, at least for a time. This is a PUBLIC forum!

Moderator: Officers

Whizbang Dustyboots

Library hours

Post by Whizbang Dustyboots » Wed Nov 17, 2004 2:16 pm

For the forseeable future, the new mistress of the budget at Chez Dustyboots wants us to limit ourselves to one MMORPG at a time, as part of belt-tightening measures -- Pedi has decided we're going to stop dicking around about saving for a house downpayment, and get serious about it.

As a result, Whizbang will be entering extended library hours in his hidden office in the Ak'Anon library (where the necromancers used to study, back in EQ beta) starting on 11/19. No gear is being given away, no characters are being sold. On each and every "come back, we miss yooooou" free week SOE sends me via e-mail, I'll be back.

Granted, I haven't been around a lot for the past six months or so, due to my job (covering the election, especially, took a lot more out of me than I expected -- there's only two of us in this branch office, and I caught 99 percent of the very contentious campaign coverage myself), but it would be impossible to overstate how important this guild is to me.

And here's a secret about the three years I was guild leader: It was mostly a trick.

Leading the Walkers is a simple equation: It's 50 percent the quality of people, 49 percent smoke and mirrors while you let the Walkers realize what the right thing was to do anyway (and the guild always knows, you just have to let them chew through the thought process as needed) and 1 percent actual leadership.

It is impossible to overstate the quality of the people in this guild, past, present and future. There will never be another guild like the Walkers, and I am humbled to have walked under its banner as long as I have. The reflected honor from you all has served to make me strive to be worthy of it. Thank you.

I have a chunk of guild funds in my bank's gold slot I need to turn over to an officer sometime between now and Friday morning. I'll pop on and see who I can find.

I will see you soon.
BonlainyT

Post by BonlainyT » Wed Nov 17, 2004 2:25 pm

It was an honor Whiz, very odd knowing Mr Dustyboots will be holed up in a small dark room and not out blowing stuff up. Thank you for everything you did to make Walkers what it is, and STFU you did more than anyone. When you finally do come up with your plan to blow up the Bazaar I want to come watch. :twisted:
Xecutioner Smith(retired) Dread Lord of Walkers
Bonlainy Trueheart(retired) Lord Protector of Walkers
Riverdane

Post by Riverdane » Wed Nov 17, 2004 3:08 pm

To paraphase something a gnome posted on my goodbye post, "I'll be seeing you around, so this isn't goodbye."

Nice job, George Washington. I actually apped a democratic guild with you tending ship. See you on the other side.

Where I'm still tall.

And you're still short.

Whoever said art imitates life was on crack....=p
Jenny

Post by Jenny » Wed Nov 17, 2004 3:09 pm

In the Universe we know.
"Enough about me, let's talk about my dress."
Phinneas
Officer

Post by Phinneas » Wed Nov 17, 2004 4:46 pm

Whizbang,

Thanks for all that you have done for the Walkers. You will be missed. Enjoy WoW and good luck in RL! May you and Pedi get a great house!

Phinnie
Phinneas ~ Lord Protector ~ The Walkers of Vazaelle ~ My Magelo
carmelle

Post by carmelle » Wed Nov 17, 2004 5:23 pm

Good luck to you and Pedi on getting your a house. I hope you get the one y'all have always dreamed of. Will miss seeing you in EQ though.
Jenny

Post by Jenny » Wed Nov 17, 2004 5:23 pm

Oh. I can't say for sure right now.
tenri

Post by tenri » Wed Nov 17, 2004 8:23 pm

Whiz it was and all ways will be a honor to have play EQ with you at the wheel as guild leader

Best wishes to you and the wife on that huge house you 2 want
Tenri DeathPimp

Ya Ya i know shut up skinny necro boy :twisted:
Kaosmos Tunebane

Post by Kaosmos Tunebane » Thu Nov 18, 2004 9:07 am

/salute

Be well, old friend.
Herbert Dypp

Post by Herbert Dypp » Thu Nov 18, 2004 10:08 am

thanks Whiz and Good Luck :)
Herbert Dypp - EQ Storm Warden(Retired)
"I think I need a deeper algorithm"
Cirrobin

Post by Cirrobin » Mon Nov 22, 2004 2:35 pm

Good luck and happy house hunting Sir.

It has been a pleasure from the first moment Bon and Zah Ninja invited me into the guild to share its prestigious tag with you.

I hope SoE send me those free week invites...perhaps that nagging quest in PoHate can be completed.

Bon wrote:
Thank you for everything you did to make Walkers what it is, and STFU you did more than anyone.
I could not have said it better myself.
Aruten Wizard of Walkers
Jakhamma

Post by Jakhamma » Tue Nov 23, 2004 6:06 pm

Good luck to you and Pedi on the house hunting. I hope some day we hunt again. Thanks for the great time Whiz.
Jenny

Post by Jenny » Tue Nov 23, 2004 6:07 pm

NO problem.
Magestica

Post by Magestica » Sun Dec 19, 2004 10:09 am

I hope I speak for everyone when I say this, but Damn Whiz you were the Greatest leader of the Greatest Guild that ever walked Norrath. I am glad that I joined Walkers when I did. You brought the greatest people together under one name, and together we all became known for our honorable actions. We are now legend, and that will live forever.

Thank You, Whiz, for everything. I can't really think of the words to say to express my gratitude.

Damn, that Bard Husband Roksta gave me the best engagement gift ever...LOL...he gave me Walkers. =)

/SALUTE Whizbang!
Mistress Magestica
Retired Lord Protector of Walkers
Abinsuran-Autishzaar

Gnomore?

Post by Abinsuran-Autishzaar » Mon Jan 17, 2005 8:13 pm

Wish I caught this post sooner!

Since I see you all the time in WoW, this isn't a goodbye but a hearty /salute of all the time, tells, and tenaciousness you displayed in EQ. Even when I was in my powertripping, superlevelling, guild-hopping worst you were always a friendly voice and never came down hard on me when I probably deserved it for being an idiot in the early Walker days.

Nothing will replace those old Walker days from our first raid to Unrest to making our in-roads in Velious! it was a grand time and I'm so glad I was there for most of it.

/salute