Thought Long and hard ( get your minds out of the gutter)

When our members walk another path from the guild, this is a crossroads where those paths meet once more, at least for a time. This is a PUBLIC forum!

Moderator: Officers

Lovelyeye

Thought Long and hard ( get your minds out of the gutter)

Post by Lovelyeye » Tue Nov 09, 2004 9:55 am

After much thought I have made my mind up. I am not and will not retire from EQ but and yes this is the big butt come Nov 23rd with the release of WOW I am going there . I will still play eq but I am also going to play wow . I joined walkers to venture with my friend Bonlainy . Bon is on from time to time. I am ready to seek new adventures. I have made alot of new friend snice I came to Walkers. I love you all you are not just friends you are family. But i need time away from Norrath befor I totaly leave . There is good days and bad. But this sitting on my ass for hours looking for a group has become a pain . I did the frist stress test I liked it but was very lonely. Well I don't have to worry about that this time. But with all my heart I love Walkers and I am not retiring just seeking some extra enjoyment. I can play both. Blue is also thinking of EQ2 . I will not go to EQ2 . But I may get wow and not like it but I think I will.

Marieann Soulrider Sorceress of Walkers
Lovelyeye Smith Lord Protector of Walkers

Humor is the great thing, the saving thing. The minute it crops up, all our irritation and resentments slip away, and a sunny spirit takes their place. ~ Mark Twain~
BonlainyT

Post by BonlainyT » Tue Nov 09, 2004 12:17 pm

You'll like it. Just talk Blue out of EQ2 and into WoW.
Xecutioner Smith(retired) Dread Lord of Walkers
Bonlainy Trueheart(retired) Lord Protector of Walkers
Phinneas
Officer

Post by Phinneas » Tue Nov 09, 2004 1:08 pm

bah love joo need to stay in eq forever ... i give you more socks!
Phinneas ~ Lord Protector ~ The Walkers of Vazaelle ~ My Magelo
Lovelyeye

Post by Lovelyeye » Tue Nov 09, 2004 1:14 pm

Awww hugs Phinny but a woman can not live on socks alone :lol:

Humor is the great thing, the saving thing. The minute it crops up, all our irritation and resentments slip away, and a sunny spirit takes their place. ~ Mark Twain~
Ladnia

Post by Ladnia » Tue Nov 09, 2004 3:17 pm

But Lovely... it's the contents of the socks that count, not the socks themselves.
BonlainyT

Post by BonlainyT » Tue Nov 09, 2004 3:22 pm

I wear socks.
Heelar

Post by Heelar » Tue Nov 09, 2004 4:11 pm

I'm in the same boat as you Lovely. I haven't yet finished with EQ, but I'll be playing WoW also. If I find that I like wow more, then I'll go there, but after so much time invested into my chars, I don't think I'll just walk away. It's no ig deal really. EQ was fun, WoW will be fun, and there will be Walkers everywhere =)

PS: I don't like those little ankle sock things, they make my legs cols in Winter
Lovelyeye

Post by Lovelyeye » Tue Nov 09, 2004 4:32 pm

they are nice in the summber tho.

Phinneas
Officer

Post by Phinneas » Tue Nov 09, 2004 5:34 pm

Love me, love my socks.
Phinneas ~ Lord Protector ~ The Walkers of Vazaelle ~ My Magelo
Lhats2

Post by Lhats2 » Tue Nov 09, 2004 9:06 pm

What about socks and cheese? Can a man (or woman) live on socks and cheese?

See Gras I was paying attention to the cheese comments!
carmelle

Post by carmelle » Wed Nov 10, 2004 1:50 pm

I'm with you Love, i am on the edge of buying WoW however i will, as of this moment, never quit EQ. I know for certain that i will not be going to EQ2. But i can not leave EQ i still get some enjoyment out of it.
Akunna Matata

Post by Akunna Matata » Sun Nov 14, 2004 9:53 pm

I agree with the lot of you... I think I will be giving WoW a chance and bring grono with me if I can.

Can we just coordinate which server? Been on CoH for the past week and haven't run into anyone...
"Here druid druid druid...."

Warlock Druideater
Crymea
Officer

Post by Crymea » Mon Nov 15, 2004 12:55 am

I won't be giving up EQ any time soon. I have way too much invested in it, and still get quite a bit of enjoyment out of it as well. Plus, I have long term goals for all my toons as well. Not sure if I'll buy WoW yet, but giving it the chance it deserves. ;)

Either way, you ain't rid o' me that easy... :twisted:
Crymea says, "No tail, no sale."
Tyranimus says, "Oh, shut up you lousy monk."
Gheran

Post by Gheran » Mon Nov 15, 2004 4:12 am

EQ is a lot of fun if you have regulars you play with. I chose druid for my first main mainly because they were so easy to solo, didn't like the idea of having to depend on others in order to have fun in a game I was paying for.

Then with later expansions, soloing pretty much became something for the uber and those who spent a lot of time researching where and what is soloable in each zone, so I made Aaarrh and played him. A warrior is easy to level up until you hit the low 50's and then it slows way down unless you can stand the hours of lfg.

So I finally gave in and gave CoH a try, it is truly a game that is a lot of fun solo or in groups and each new addition just seems to make it more so.

I have decided to give EQ2 a try. I know a lot of people bad mouth Sony for the way things have gone in EQ, but it has kept a lot of people very occupied for a long time so there must be something there. If I don't like it, I may end up giving WoW a shot, but for now I don't have any plans on trying it.

Walkers has always been the greatest bunch of people, and made my time in EQ better than it could otherwise have been. those not trying EQ2, will miss seeing you all, but looking forward to seeing those of you who are playing it in the near future :)
Here is a website with links to the magelo's of all of my characters:

<a href="http://www.geocities.com/gheran60/index.html">My Homepage with magelo links</a>
BonlainyT

Post by BonlainyT » Mon Nov 15, 2004 12:35 pm

We're working on a server for the current Walkers/RE/RoK offshoot guilds in WoW Akunna. Leaning towards an RP server, and I'm sure it will be posted in the WoW section once we know the names. right now they are all still Test## named, not the actual server names.