Whatever happend to that Euotis guy

When our members walk another path from the guild, this is a crossroads where those paths meet once more, at least for a time. This is a PUBLIC forum!

Moderator: Officers

euotis

Whatever happend to that Euotis guy

Post by euotis » Tue Sep 07, 2004 10:18 pm

Well, considering that most of you probably won't even recognize the name... I'm thinking not a lot of folks would really care. And, no, I'm not playing a fucking violin right now.

So... I guess I've pretty much retired. I did login once a month or so ago and had a nice chat with some old friends. The drive just wasn't there. I was kinda wanting to post a retirement message but it seems so... cliche, for lack of a better word. Ya know, burn out and not fade away kinda thing.

I still play online games, though. Battlefield, Neverwinter, blah blah blah. Just haven't wanted to play any EQ for quite some time.

Dave... er um... Myyrth, (Probably haven't seen him in ages too since he playes his damn druid all the time now), AKA Szygy, AKA Mileaux has asked me to hand over my account to him. So Dave, call me and I'll give you the login info. But you ain't using my credit card, bish. Just don't strip my toons naked, dude. I might be back some day and I'll be pissed if they ain't got no clothes on. Fair warning.

For those few of you earlier day Walkers that remember me and wanna know wtf happened to me. Well, suffice it to say, I moved on. I've had this itch since I was a kid that has been needing scratching for quite a long time. The itch, my friends, is flight. Always wanted to fly. And at 33 years of age, I bit the bullet. Got my first class medical certificate, took out a hefty student loan and signed up at a real class act flight school in Broomfield. That's Colorado. McAir Aviation, to be exact. Rated #3 in the world in Cessna flight training schools.

I'm only a few lessons into it right now. But I'm on my way to a Private Pilot certificate followed by Instrument Rating and then Dual Engine. Not sure yet if I want to make a career change. After all, I'm looking at about a $35k/year salary cut if I do. Long road ahead. I'll be flying mostly on weekends and maybe once during the week. I'm looking at about a year and a half to two years before I get all that crap done.

For all my friends in Colorado... keep an eye on the sky. I know where some of you live, and don't think for a second that it's beyond me to drop a soda bottle full of piss right on your house from 8000 feet AGL. :twisted:

I think about you guys a lot. I'll probably be checking WOW out whenever the fuck they decide to make the public release. And most likely I'll try out EQ2 for a little while. So keep an eye out for me and I'll keep an eye out for you.
- Euotis Vr`aat - Wizard
- Noxxious D`Aan - Cleric
- Phie O`Pah - Monk
Burab

Post by Burab » Tue Sep 07, 2004 10:39 pm

Soda bottles dont just fall out of the sky... The world isnt that crazy, not yet at any rate. That is so cool that your getting to fly, maybe on day you could arrange a Walkers day in the sky for some of your old EQ buds.

Take it easy man, and enjoy.

Marc
Lorieannaie

Post by Lorieannaie » Tue Sep 07, 2004 11:59 pm

Good to hear from ya Euotis and that is so cool that you're following your dream of flying!

Keep in touch stranger! :D

*hugs*
*just da Lorie*
Sorgaine

Post by Sorgaine » Wed Sep 08, 2004 7:33 am

I moved too, Mwahahaha *remains protected from the pee invasion*

Nice seeing you Euot, and don't thin for a moment longer that your absense has been unnoticed cause I, for one, can vouge that it hasn't.
Hunter Mogz

Post by Hunter Mogz » Wed Sep 08, 2004 8:28 am

EUOTISSSSSSSSSS you slacker! and i thought you were busy with the funny stuff =p glad to see you post and know what's sup.... i never even got on an airplane in my life... well when i was probably 1 or 2 ( although i don't remember anything about that ) woudln't mind experiencing an actual ride for once lol... anyway, good luck on your reaching your success... maybe i'll see you fly over vancouver in Canada one day... =x
Roladoc

Post by Roladoc » Wed Sep 08, 2004 9:22 am

Glad to hear from you so I can let you know that you are missed. I hope to see you in EQ or another game in the future. Grats on learning to fly we all need new hoppies that may end up turning out to be life changing. Ughhhh EQ sort of did that to me and now look at me.

Oh by the way check out the old cult move "The Gods must be Crazy".
Whizbang Dustyboots

Post by Whizbang Dustyboots » Wed Sep 08, 2004 10:31 am

Holy crap, flying lessons are cool!
BonlainyT

Post by BonlainyT » Wed Sep 08, 2004 11:04 am

Great to know you are doing something you have always wanted to do man, congrats on that. Well, not congrats on the hefty loan but that's just part of the evil you have to endure to chase a dream.

Was great playing EQ with you too, an honor to have been guilded with you and call you a friend. Enjoy soaring like an eagle and stay safe above all (above all, get it? Flight, safe, above all??? NM).

Ken
Xecutioner Smith(retired) Dread Lord of Walkers
Bonlainy Trueheart(retired) Lord Protector of Walkers
Myyrth

Meh

Post by Myyrth » Wed Sep 08, 2004 11:04 am

Calling ya this evening slacker :P
You were sposed to let me know how it went this weekend.
=D
ZigonZagoff

Post by ZigonZagoff » Wed Sep 08, 2004 11:40 am

I know this sounds stupid but some of the flight simulator programs are very accurate for their instrument and controls but nothing beats the feel of a leisurely ride in the air. Get those muscles to learn the controls and they will remember how to control it and soon you won't even realize that you already know how to fly and just have to finish the hours until they give you the license.

Btw - its an expensive hobby - have fun everytime you get up there.
IddinLunasglory

Post by IddinLunasglory » Sat Sep 11, 2004 12:31 pm

Euotis! glad to hear your working towards a dream. I'll keep an eye out overhead and wear a helmet :twisted:
Best to you Bro follow your dreams.
Lillishiana

Post by Lillishiana » Sat Sep 11, 2004 3:07 pm

SWEET! Good luck folowing your dream man!
Elyhim

Post by Elyhim » Tue Sep 21, 2004 11:29 pm

Thats great! Now you can nuke from above!
Murdakin

Post by Murdakin » Wed Sep 22, 2004 3:37 am

god I wish I could afford to fly! I'm green with envy! Awesome man! Oh... and I'm GLAD I don't live in CO just on the off chance the wind catches that pee bottle and brains me :shock:
carmelle

Post by carmelle » Wed Sep 22, 2004 1:33 pm

Take care and have fun on those flying lessons. Hope to meet again some day.