Farewell Message

When our members walk another path from the guild, this is a crossroads where those paths meet once more, at least for a time. This is a PUBLIC forum!

Moderator: Officers

Sabrar

Farewell Message

Post by Sabrar » Fri Jul 09, 2004 8:45 pm

My friends,

I have given this a great deal of thought, and I have decided to part company with you all. In the year I've been a member of this guild, I have truly enjoyed my time here. I consider Walkers to be some of the finest people assembled under one banner on the server, and no matter where my travels may take me, I'll always feel that way.

As much as I enjoy good company, however, it's not enough for me anymore. I need to progress further and faster to see more of the game, and perhaps if I'm lucky, some end-game content. As I've tried to reconcile my inner turmoil about balancing a "family" atmosphere with progression, it has finally occurred to me that a "raiding" guild would most suit my needs right now. This is in no way a condescending remark on this fine guild, just an honest assessment on my part that I've grown apart from the focus here. I realize I've made some waves here as I continually questioned and debated guild policy, but my sole intention had always been to help the guild improve and progress. I hope I succeeded in some measure. I leave with the wish that my good will, sense of humor, my willingness to help my mates, and my love of all things SK is what I am remembered for most when I'm gone. I feel I've at the very least left the guild reputation as good or better as when I inherited it. As sincerely as words can convey, I will miss you all.

So tonight will be my last night raiding with you all. One last call to arms for me under the good name of Walkers. I will, of course, be happy to group with any of you in the future so that we might share a reunion of sorts. Once I've had a chance to explore more of the game, our roads may cross again some day. I would hope you'd welcome me back then like a long lost relative, with fondness and kind words, even if it's just for a warm meal and a good story.

Humbly yours,
Scott
Duke Sabrar Mournblood
Dread Lord of Neriak and Scourge of Frogloks
<Walkers>

view my gear
Whizbang Dustyboots

Post by Whizbang Dustyboots » Fri Jul 09, 2004 9:32 pm

AND A WEDGIE!

It was good working wit' ya, man. Hope you find what you're looking for. And remember: The gnome needs ninjalooted ornate silk wrists.
Fiht

Post by Fiht » Fri Jul 09, 2004 9:33 pm

It is a hard decision you have made, Scott. I can understand your reasons and more importantly, I really do sense sincerity in your post. As one that hasn't been in game for awhile, I understand the feelings of loss of sorts that you will certainly share with us that stay behind. ALWAYS feel free to send tell and if I can, I will always look forward to future 'reunions' . Take care and show some of those uber-fucknuts( that you will HAVE to run with at times ) how the end-game can be played without comprimising all morals and sense of values.

Fihty......a Walker and a friend
Roladoc

Post by Roladoc » Fri Jul 09, 2004 11:42 pm

I will miss you.
BonlainyT

Post by BonlainyT » Sat Jul 10, 2004 12:12 am

Good luck my friend, and like I always say, JUST HAVE FUN. You will be missed to be sure, but not forgotten.
Xecutioner Smith(retired) Dread Lord of Walkers
Bonlainy Trueheart(retired) Lord Protector of Walkers
Gheran

Post by Gheran » Sat Jul 10, 2004 12:13 am

Good luck whereever you go Sab, will miss you in guildchat. While I may not have agreed with some of your ideas on policy, I always respected your right to have them and will miss seeing your input on the message boards. Don't be a stranger bud.
Here is a website with links to the magelo's of all of my characters:

<a href="http://www.geocities.com/gheran60/index.html">My Homepage with magelo links</a>
Ladnia

Post by Ladnia » Sat Jul 10, 2004 3:36 am

I wish you the best of luck on whichever path you follow Sabby.

And you'd better shoot me a tell once in awhile :P
aannru

;(

Post by aannru » Sat Jul 10, 2004 8:29 am

aaww man im gonna miss pick'n on your punk arse ;p..... gues im gonna have to haunt u in tells now :twisted: well GL with your ventures man..
LOOK OUT!!!! I'm back :)
Talos Thornweaver

Post by Talos Thornweaver » Sat Jul 10, 2004 10:00 am

I hope you find what you are looking for Sab. EQ is blah is you are not having fun. Good luck in all you do and I will miss seeing you around.
Talos Thornweaver
<< Storm Warden of Tunare >>
Rufuss

Post by Rufuss » Sat Jul 10, 2004 2:22 pm

Sabby, be well my friend. Enjoy whatever you get and where ever you go.

Just watch your back. It just makes it all the sweeter for the ling assassins to come at ya =).
Cukie Oreolord
She who knows, knows only that is needed to be known.
Phinneas
Officer

Post by Phinneas » Sat Jul 10, 2004 2:42 pm

Sab,

Fare thee well my friend and if you ever need a pally to help with anyting, dont hesistate to send me a tell! Enjoy raiding and seeing new content and dont forget to change your boxers.

Phin
Phinneas ~ Lord Protector ~ The Walkers of Vazaelle ~ My Magelo
Brakiss

Post by Brakiss » Sat Jul 10, 2004 11:01 pm

I'm not sure what to say or where to begin since you and I have discussed this before but I'll try lol I remember our first meeting back in lguk, which was certainly not a pleasant one, where Brakiss was soloing most of the named mobs in the zone and would not give you any of the camps, where you had to get a GM involved, and my many apologies sometime later lol You've been one of my true remaining friends in this game who usually went out of his way to get my gimp necro in a group and always went out of his way to snatch up my gimp cleric :lol: I'll miss your quick wit in guildchat and your sincere honesty about anything we would chat about and hope you will still look me up down the road...
May the end game provide that which you seek, my friend. Take care bud!
Adalric Brandl - Gimp of Innoruuk
Lalenie

Post by Lalenie » Sun Jul 11, 2004 4:44 am

Good luck Sab, take care!

Lal
Emmie

Post by Emmie » Mon Jul 12, 2004 12:20 am

I hate saying good bye! I am so bad at it too! Sab, I hope you have fun with whatever you do. Just have fun! That's all I can think of, sadly. I'll miss you, Sab, and I'll miss joking around with you in guild chat! Take care, and don't be a stranger! /hug