Registering on EQWalkers.com

Announcements, rules, patch messages.

Moderator: Officers

Xatie
Officer

Registering on EQWalkers.com

Post by Xatie » Fri Feb 23, 2007 11:03 pm

Over the course of our 5-year stay at http://www.eqwalkers.com our site has been spidered many times by many different search engines, including those which are not favorable to our cause.

At this point in time, we are currently getting anywhere between 5 and 40 spam registrations per day. Because of this, registration activation has been limited to administrator-only.

What does this mean?

If you intend to register on this site, you need to make an effort to make your profile look different than a spam registration. If you include something in your profile signature about EverQuest, like your character name and class/level, or some other roleplay-oriented remark, you might save your registration from being passed over and deleted by an admin. We are very tired of the spam registrations and a lot of the profiles that get registered are completely blank or some have links to websites that are just complete crap. If you don't want your registration deleted, please put something in there to set yourself apart.

Thanks.
Phinneas
Officer

Post by Phinneas » Sat Feb 24, 2007 9:24 am

Or you can send me a nice pizza and I will approve your registration! mmmmmm pizza!

Phinneas
Phinneas ~ Lord Protector ~ The Walkers of Vazaelle ~ My Magelo