Story Time! Resurrected with 2008 extras

Share your writings here!

Moderator: Officers

Vven
Officer

Story Time! Resurrected with 2008 extras

Post by Vven » Fri Jun 13, 2008 10:32 am

2008 Edit: Story Time! Resurrected
Since my attempt to jump start a story didn't work here. I decided to resurrect an old one. This was taken from 2005 but was on old forums so I just copied and pasted, as you can see a few people participated in this one. This is how the 2008 part works, this will be locked and new threads will be added (see bottom) with alternate paths. You will take this story as your starting point and build from there. You can start a new path or add to someone else's path. If you create a path it will be added to the end of this one. I started one just to give you an example of how it's done. Oh and remember the rules!

If you have questions comments or complaints please use this thread.

Ok this is how it works we're gonna write a story but here are the rules

1. You need to stay within the EQ boundries but can strecht it out
ex. You can only use ports where there are druid/wizard portals but can port any where in that zone
2. Use characters of players you know
3. Have a vivid imagination

I've done this before but sadly the message board is gone now and lost the whole story! In that story my Dark Elf enchanter had twin sister who was a High Elf which made me half High Elf /spit. The story ended with me killing myself of in a dramatic end, was very heart warming I tell you! Anywho lets begin shall we.....

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Vven 6/2/05
"Hello? Is someone there?" She said aloud, but there was no answer as she thought she heard something in the shadows. But the air remained silent as she pause from her incantation. She shrugged it off as it was nothing because this time she was detremined to make things right again. Nobody and nothing will stand in her way again. Ever. She continued...

"The deed which was not to be done
Give me the power to see it undone"

Sorgaine 6/3/05
The night was perfect, not a cloud disturbing the exquisite scene of a star littered sky. She tightened her cloak as a cool breeze lifted itself from the Butcherblock coast to the mountain top where she kneels. Uttering the last word of her incantation, she stands with hands outstretched to finalize the ritual.

Honorkin 6/3/05
Up from the ground came a bubbling form. A small gush of water spurt out, slowly taking form. As the excess water drained away, flowing back into the earth, a water elemental stood proud. 'Ahh...my pet! I will need you on this adventure. Many of my enemies will you shield from me. Hopefully you last longer than the last one.' This was very good timing to summon this elemental force as her enemies lay much closer than she anticipated.

Crymea 6/4/05
Even though she knew that her pets were merely animations manifested from the elements, she couldn't help but feel guilty when her pets were defeated by her foes. They were so obedient to her, even when the odds weren't in her favor, sometimes fighting until their life force was completely drained away. How could she not feel a certain affection for them? Suddenly, her pet spun to the east, staring into the distance. There was something (or perhaps someone) there, and her pet was ready to go after it.

Robaz 6/4/05
Fearing an ambush, she ordered the pet to her side and they both slid behind some trees. Something didn't seem right, she was a veteran of many battles, and this helped keep her senses tuned and her mind crisp, even though she was certainly not the spry young spell caster she once was she could handle herself quite well.

For a moment she considered casting that spell she had memorized, the one that had saved her countless times before. That spell had a simple name, "Gate", and when cast, a shimmering portal would appear and she could step into it and be teleported to safety. This was not the time for that spell, for she was curious...

Sorgaine 6/4/05
She heard the rustling crunch of footsteps. Her head snapped in the direction of the intrusion. This were not the usual sound of the curious puma that wandered these hills. One hand on her staff, the other clutching her spellbook, she watched intently as two boots came into view.

She jumped as a booming laugh echoed all around her. Her vision focused on the short, bearded man in front of her.

"Pavel!" she exclaimed as she stepped out from behind the tree.
"Egads! You scared the dickens out of me, Lassy! What are you doing up here?" he asked.

Vven 6/4/05
Still startled by the dwarfs sudden appearance she didn’t know what to say.

“I…I….”she muttered.

Although she has known Pavel for years she didn’t know if she could tell him, for what she was about do before he interrupted her was a violation all that is natural.

“I couldn’t sleep.” She finished

Varthon 6/4/05
But before he could answer, she noticed a look on his face. It was one she rarely saw on him, and it made her heart sink. Something was drastically wrong. Before she could speak again, both were startled by a very loud sound coming from the distance. The two of them turned to the direction from where the sound came, and all she could see was a large shadowy figure, but Pavel went stone white. A sudden jolt of fear coursed through her. The figure came closer and closer. Suddenly Pavel grabbed her by the arm, "We must find a way out of here NOW!" , he said. They quickly scanned the dense forest around them. It was getting darker now, and they could not spot and spires nearby. The only choice they had was to run until they found one, or perhaps they would happen by a passing druid to port them. The two of them ran to near exhaustion, but afraid to rest, afraid the thing following them would catch up. She did not know what that thing was, nor did she want to find out anytime soon. Up ahead they spotted a spire, at last a way out. But something was wrong.

Varthon 6/5/05
The scion lay dead in the middle of the spires. Pavel quickly looked around for what might have done this, but saw nothing. It looked to him like this had just recently happened, the blood still pouring from the scions wounds. He tried fast to collect his thoughts. They had lost their only way out, and this thing approaching them was getting much closer now. But his thoughts were cut short, the beast had finally caught up. His companion quickly tried to cast
a spell, but was knocked to the ground, he felt that his life was to end at the moment he saw the large clawed hand reach up to strike, and then out of nowhere, the blinding flash if steel. The clawed hand dropped to the ground and green blood rained upon them. The creature screamed as it ran off into the woods. After the commotion had settled, Pavel saw three figures standing
before him.

Vven 6/5/05
The young magician suddenly awakens to see the three cloaked figures which she finally recognizes. “NO!” She spat “You must let me finish!”

“Your time is over young one, you have failed” They all spoke in unison

“But it’s not my fault!...This dwarf …that beast…” She started to ramble

Pavel had no idea what was going on as the three cloak figures turned towards him.

“You will have no memory of this.” They started and turned back to the magician “Another shall come to take your place.”

“No” She cried

But they ignored her raising their arms and beginning a chant “All that is, is once more return the world as it was before.

A flash of lighting startles him

“Hello? Is someone there?”

Sorgaine 6/5/05
Robaz sat up, startled, as the thunder intruded upon his humble dwelling.

"Hello?" He asked again, as he shook his head trying to wipe the dream from his mind.

Robaz pulled back the covers and stepped down on the cold floor, one hand rubbing his eyes. What was that? His eyes darted to the door. For a moment, just a brief moment, he thought he saw one of the cloaked figures from his dream...

"It's nothing, Silly Frail Cleric..." Robaz whispered to himself, once again shaking his head. He could scaresly take another breath before there was a knock on the door. His eyes fixed on the door, he flung a cloak over his shoulders and timidly looked out the peeping window.

"Ninolan!" Robaz exclaimed as he opened the door, moving aside to allow the Druid entry. "To what high honor does this frail cleric owe your visit to me?"

Varthon 6/5/05
"I had a most troubling dream.", replied Ninolan. Robaz invited him in to sit down. "It's funny you should mention that.", replied Robaz as he poured the two of them a mug of elven wine.

Vven 6/5/05
After the young druid tells his tale Robaz confesses to him that he had a similar dream almost identical except in the druids dream there was no dwarf, there was no beast but a different circumstance but in the end failure again.

“This isn’t right.” the druid said in a worried tone

“You need not worry my friend we shall figure this out.” came Robaz’s reply

“You don’t understand” Ninolan continued “I am imbued with the power of nature and it’s telling me something has gone wrong, terribly wrong. And there’s nothing you and I or anyone can do about it.”

Varthon 6/5/05
Robaz knew not to take Ninolans fears lightly. "Perhaps we should travel to the plane of tranquility," said Robaz "perhaps the elders there can shed light on these visions." Ninolan looked up wearily " I can take us there, but I will need sleep, although I am not so sure sleep will come so easy for me this night." ,he said. Robaz decided to let his friend try and rest. He went outside to gather firewood. He thought about what Ninolan had said, he too knew that something was out of place, if only he could put his finger on it. But he could ponder this for hours, he thought, and still come no closer to an answer
then he was now. Suddenly he heard a scream from inside. He raced in to find Ninolan pale white and sweating, tears rolling down his face. "What is it my friend?", asked Robaz. "A vision, a most horrible vision, so much pain and suffering, oh my god, it..it.." replied Ninolan. But before he could finish he fainted to the floor.

Varthon 6/6/05
Robaz felt his the color in his own face start to drain away. Ninolan had faced many things in his life, and cowered before very little, if anything at all. What was this vision that terrified him so? They had to find the elders and fast. Robaz began to give Ninolan an elixir he had kept on hand for emergencies. Ninolan jumped up, semi-confused. "How long was I asleep?", he muttered.
"Several hours now Nin.",said Robaz. "We have little time, you must port us to New Tanaan, we can find a portal to Tranquility from there."

Varthon 6/6/05
Ninolan stood up. He gathered his thoughts and began to speak in an ancient language, his hands glowing with the power of nature. They felt a sudden jolt as they were drawn into the ether, moving at dizzying speed. In just a short moment they found themselves near an old tree in New Tanaan. It was more populated today, Robaz thought. All around they heard people calling out to sell their wares and such. He decided to head to the nearest merchant to purchase some rations and water, they may need them he figured. As he walked on he thought he saw a familiar face, one he had not seen in many years. As he got closer he could not believe his eyes. "Macslayer??? is that really you??", he shouted. "Robaz, my old friend! Grand be your day I hope?", came the reply.
"If only i could say that were so, Ninolan is suffering the most horrible visions. I fear we are ever so close to a battle the likes of which we have never seen.",said Robaz. "We are on a journey to the elders in Tranquililty, it is our hope that they can decipher these vision."

Varthon 6/6/05
"Have you not heard sir?", came a voice from behind them. Robaz turned around. It was a young paladin. It appeared to to him that this paladin was just an upstart. "Heard what young knight?",replied Robaz.
The young paladin continued on,"The elders have been missing for several days now. They left no trace, not a scroll, nothing. My mentor, Carmelle, went to seek audience with Tunare herself for answers. I have not seen her since then."
"Did she travel alone?", asked MacSlayer.
"She did indeed sir.",replied the young knight.
"Mac if this is true then it is possible she may not have made to to Tunare at all, she would have had to make passage through the city of giants.",said Robaz concerned.
"Rest easy friend, I know Carmelle very well, she would not be so foolish as to go unprepared."

Varthon 6/8/05
'It's getting too dark to travel now", she thought. Several unseen creatures moved about in the distance. The journey thus far had been tedious, how she managed to get through Kael alive, she was not sure. Luck was certainly on her side. A cool night wind began to blow in from the east. She looked around
for a place to set up camp, she found a good flat patch of grass. After setting up the tent and starting the campfire, she opened her pack. When she was satisfied that all her potions were in order she closed the pack. She wrapped herself in some wolfskin blankets and went to sleep.

Varthon 6/9/05
"Your death shall be slow, you will suffer like no other.",boomed a dark voice
Carmelle awoke suddenly, sweat running down her face. She quickly looked around her, just a bad dream, she thought. She decided to pack up camp and move out. She was starting to feel that she should not have come alone, but there was no sense in pondering that thought, she must get to Tunare she figured. She started to walk through the dense wood, the sun was getting higher in the sky now. Just then she heard several footsteps, from all around her. The knightess went into panic as she realized she was being surrounded by several corrupted creatures. It was more then just a dream she thought. Carmelle decided she was not going to die without a fight. She drew her sword, and readied for attack. But before she could strike, there came a earth shattering explosion, blood and sinew scattered all around, one of the creatures charged at her. Suddenly two cloaked figures approached, they raised swords and in a quick flash of steel, they had slain two more of the creatures. She quickly joined in the fight. The stench of blood filled the air, and soon the creatures all lie dead at her feet. After she caught her breath she looked up to see three cloaked figures standing over her.
"What did ya think you were doing coming out here alone?", said the familiar voice.
"Brelenie??? Oh thank Tunare!",said Carmelle, very much relieved.
"That was quite a welcoming party you had there lady.", said another of the figures.
Carmelle was near tears, for behind the other two cloaks were Phinneas and Treblaca.
"How did you know I was here?",she asked.
Treblaca replied,"Macslayer informed us of your whereabouts, we became very worried when we had not seen you in several days."

Phinneas 6/13/05
The three were relieved that they found Carmelle and were able to fight at her side in her time of need. As mighty of a Paladin as she was, the odds were against her unless one of the gods stepped in ... perhaps their being there was an act of the gods.

Carmelle helped the others set up their camp and all rested around the fire for a brief time. They reminisced about times of old and of other battles where they fought by each other and of the many adventures they had been on together. The campfires glow warmed their skin, but their hearts glowed with inner warmth ... the joy of friendship.

Treblaca asked Carmelle about her mission ...

Varthon 6/13/05
Treblaca retrieved an assortment of meats and breads from his satchel, and
placed the meat on the fire to cook. Brelenie used a spell to spark the fire some more.
"We must feast well tonite, we must get an early start.", observed Phinneas.
They were still a day and a half's journey to The Plane Of Growth. Phinneas knew this place very well, and was well aware that it would not be an easy journey, they must keep their wits about them.
"I was wondering....",said Carmelle suddenly, "I mean maybe its nothing, but I have been having this dream..."
With that Brelenie, Treblaca and Phinneas all looked at each other and then to Carmelle.
"In this dream, were there three cloaked figures, and a mage woman with snow white hair?", asked Brelenie.
"Yes, that's the one!",exclaimed Carmelle.
"We've all had that same dream lady.",said Treblaca grimly.

Varthon 6/15/05
Robaz turned to Macslayer, "Has Ninolan awoken yet?", he asked.
"I'm afraid not, and he is growing paler by the hour, and the screaming has gotten much worse.",replied Macslayer.
Robaz sat down in the grass, his mind racing furiously. All his years of training in the arts of healing, and yet he could do nothing to bring his dear friend out of this dreadful state. He needed help, he thought, and he could only think of two others with the healing gift with the same, if not more power then himself.

Varthon 6/15/05
"I need to journey to Felwithe.",said Robaz.
"What is there friend?",asked Macslayer.
"Some friends, many moons since I've seen them last. They may be the only chance to save Ninolan.",replied Robaz.
Robaz packed his gear and set out for Felwithe. It was not a long journey by any means, half a day maybe on horse. The creatures in the Faydark would give him no trouble, and those that did, he would make quick work of.
"I shall go to the researchers in the library, maybe there is information they may have, something.",said Macslayer.
With that, the two parted ways.

Varthon 6/15/05
Caminrya poured himself some tea. The sun was starting to set and it was getting much cooler in the hut. He threw some wood in the fireplace and said a small spell over it. Soon the fireplace was ablaze, warmth filled the hut.
He sat back down and ate some biscuits he had made earlier. Just as he was about to sip more tea, he heard a womans voice.
"Some neighbor you are!", joked the voice. "You make wonderful smelling tea and cakes, and you don't invite me over?"
Caminrya laughed aloud. "Please come in Zahashah, he said.

Zahasha 6/16/05
"Thank you Cami, this looks wonderful" said Zahashah. Caminrya lite a few candles on table and offered Zahashah a place to sit. The dancing flickering light reflected upon the walls and thier faces. Caminrya noticed Zahashah looked troubled. "Hey" said Caminrya " How are you?" A shiver ran through Zahashah as she replied," Cami, I hold fear for those we hold close, the dark dreams have returned"

Robaz 6/16/05
Hot foam flew from the corner of Valiants mouth; he had been running for hours and needed a break. Robaz pulled the reigns of his mighty steed and brought him to a trot. “Time to cool you off my good friend, you have once again delivered me through dangerous lands. A more noble horse there does not exist anywhere in any land.” Robaz whispered softly into the horse’s ear.

Valiant had been at Robaz’s side now for years, and while showing some signs of age; he seemed stronger now than he ever had. A better friend a cleric could not have. Robaz had lost count of how many times Valiant had saved his life.

After about 20 minutes of a slow trot, Valiant started to walk. The clip clop of his feet on the well worn path in Lesser Faydark echoed off the tall rock walls that were about to take them both into Greater Faydark. Gfay as it was also known is a great forest full of all maner of creatures. Wood elves were seen in great force, for this forest was their home. There were odd looking creatures also, small trees awkwardly wandering around, skeletons, weak orcs, and various other creatures dotted the landscape but were hard to pick out in the thick forest, often you saw them when you were right upon them the forest was so thick with life.

Robaz and Valiant entered Gfay at almost precisely 6:00 pm. The sun was fading as Robaz watched a pixie trickster softly fluttering by, a wood elf no more than 4 seasons old was sharpening a wooden arrow with a rock. “Hehe, silly ranger.” he thought to himself, “He has no idea what his adult life will be like, guilds throwing him in front of monsters 10 times his size just to get their attention with an arrow that might just bounce off its intended target.” Robaz felt sorry for the little Ranger, he did not know why, for this Ranger had chosen his path in life.

He hopped off of Valiant and dismissed him to forage for himself, there was nothing here that could hurt Robaz or his good friend, and Valiant most certainly needed a rest. Valiant walked into a thick bush of berries and began to eat.

Robaz took about four steps, when he heard a sudden “THWACK” as an arrow lodged itself about an inch from his head and in the tree to his immediate left. “What in the name of Tunare?” he said loudly. He then felt a searing heat on the back of his neck. Reaching back he touched it to find a trickle of warm blood on his fingers. He instinctively cast a quick heal on himself that instantly sealed the wound. He gazed with his keen eleven eyes in the direction from which the arrow came. He had already pulled out his battle hammer and shield when he realized that nothing in here should be bothering him, for he was of his seventieth season, and nothing attacked him any more, not even the orc pawns that would occasionally wander near Felwithe.

A shout came from about 30 paces out, behind some bushes, “I am so sorry sir, I missed my mark.” That same wood elf he saw just 2 minutes before had decided to do some target practice. “Worry not my young Ranger, for I am ok.” Robaz pulled the arrow out of the tree and handed it back to the young wood elf. The elf shamefully looked down.

“Worry not, I THINK NOT!” bellowed a familiar voice. “You should know better, there is to be no target practice anywhere near the trails you oaf.” Robaz looked to the right and saw his lifelong friend walk up to the little wood elf, snatch his arrow and break it over his knee. “Now, off with you… go play with your arrows somewhere else!” he chastised the little Ranger, “Why if I had done such a silly thing when I was your age, my bow would have been taken and broken along with all my arrows.” With that the young elf sulked away. They both watched until he was well out of sight.

“ELYHIM !!”, Robaz exclaimed. And with a big hug the two good friends were re-united. “I have missed you my good sir, it is an honor to see you.” Elyhim chuckled loudly, it is good to see you to friend, I save you once again, and in Gfay no less. They both had a good laugh over the young Rangers transgression as they caught up on the current happenings. Robaz asked Elyhim if he had heard of the dreams that some had been having. Elyhim lowered his head a bit “Yes, yes indeed, I have been having them also, that is why I am here."

Robaz 6/17/05
Elyhim and Robaz walked together, Robaz expressing his deep concern for Ninolan and his desire to find Caminrya and Zahashah. He had been praying to The Mother that he would find both of them in Felwithe and at home. Robaz was at a loss as to how to help his friend Ninolan, and held hope that between the three Clerics, they could figure something out.

When they arrived at the entrance to Felwithe, all was normal, two guards were there as they always were. Elyhim asked Robaz about two young High Elves sitting in the grass up a small hill close to the guards.

“What are those two doing there?” He quizzed Robaz. “Well sir, they are doing what I spent my first three or so seasons doing, they are resting and regenerating in the safety of the guards. The smart High Elf knows how frail he is and seldom wanders from the safety of the path to Felwithe. They will rest a while and venture out a bit in search of a skeleton, or if they are brave, an Orc Pawn.”

“You see sir…” Robaz continued, “All they must do is find an enemy close by and attack it, if a successful kill should occur, the more the better, but if they find themselves in trouble, a quick run back to the guards and the guards will finish the enemy off for them. They lose the experience of the kill, but they live to tell about it.”

“Bah!” Exclaimed Elyhim, High Elves, wise yes, but not so brave.” With that they both bowed their heads at the guards in respect and entered Felwithe.

Varthon 6/18/05
Zahashah stared outside for a brief moment, then turned to Caminrya.
"I keep sensing that we wil once again cross the paths of many old friends, and also, I am afraid, many old enemies."
Caminrya looked up from his tea, "I too have sensed something, but how can it be possible? Did we not end the great war years and years ago?", he inquired.
"Or so it seemed.",replied Zahashah.
Zahashah was about to pour herself more tea when she heard a knock at the door. As she opened the door, a slight chill went up her spine, the dreams she was having, were indeed starting to materialize. Standing in the door way, looking very tired and worn, was Robaz. And with him was a face she also had not seen in ages, Elyhim.

Robaz 6/18/05
"I know you have heard of the strange happenings lately, I am on my way to seek audience with Tunare Herself. I hope She can shed some light on what might be going on. If anyone should know, it should be Her." Carmelle explained to Treblaca and Phinneas. "I am hearing of this strange dream being had by many, some have the same dream of three cloaked figures and a white haired female mage, others dream of something similar. What I don't get is how it seems to be an exclusive dream to those of us who are of the Walkers family"

"Wow!" Exclaimed Treblaca. "I never thought of it but I think you are correct. How could such a strange series of dreams affect only those of a single guild?"

"Be careful." Advised the wise Phinneas. "We have only been hearing of these dreams from fellow Walkers, but perhaps there are others who have been having them." I am not saying Carmelle is wrong by any means, but we should keep our minds open to many possibilities. Whatever is going on, it is indeed very distressing."

The three friends seemed to sense it was time to rest, and they all put their heads back in unison, each deep in their own thoughts. Treblaca was the first to fall into slumber, then Phinneas, Carmelle had trouble sleeping but she to eventually fell asleep… and the dreams came back.

Varthon 6/19/05
Morning came swiftly, so it seemed. None of them could sleep very well that night, the dreams haunting them. Phinneas emerged from the tent and built a fire to cook upon. Suddenly he heard rapid footsteps, just in the distance he saw a young warrior running towards the camp. Just in tow were about ten to fifteen creatures giving chase. Phinneas began to run towards the creatures, but suddenly in a blinding flash they stopped in their tracks. Then in another flash they were running away in fear. When the creatures had gone Phinneas saw two lady gnomes standing side by side. The young warrior went to thank
them.
"Begone with you!! A warrior of your training has no place in this land.",said one.
With that the young warrior fled towards the border of Kael.
Phinneas approached them.
When he got close enough to see their faces, he smiled and laughed.
"Marylin!! Woopsie!! I have not seen you since the Great War!!",he said.

Varthon 6/19/05
"FOOL!!!!!",boomed a dark voice, "You can not alter was has begun."
A woman with snow white hair stood paralyzed. Three dark robed figures surrounded her.
"Damn you!", she replied defiantly.
"Did you really think your power was greater then mine mage?", replied the voice.
"By Tunare I will find a way.",replied the mage.
"Tunare indeed, a mere speck to me, easily dealt with.",laughed the voice.
The mage began to cast the most powerful spell she had. The keeper of the dark voice motioned with its hand and sent the mage flying across the large room, slamming her very forcibly into the pillars beyond, knocking her unconscience.
Ninolan awoke screaming.

Varthon 6/21/05
Marylin looked at Phinneas wearily. It was apparent that she had been traveling for many days, her face worn and tired.
"Something is out of place, there has been a movement of dark forces in South Karana and Qeynos Hills, no one can explain this. It would seem they have no real reason to be in these lands. I am very troubled by this.",said Marylin.
"Indeed this is very strange, I had heard of movements in Rathe as well.",replied Phinneas.
"That's not all...there has been this dream I've been...",started Marylin.
"A fair haired mage, three cloaked figures, some terrible entity, is this the dream?",asked Phinneas.
Marylin stood silent.
"Many are having this same dream, although I am afraid it's meaning is still unclear.",said Phinneas.

Varthon 6/21/05
Zahashah promptly invited the two inside. Caminrya invited them to tea and cakes. Robaz gathered his thoughts for a moment then looked to Caminrya and Zahashah.
"It seems it has been ages since I saw both of you last. And I wish I was here under much happier circumstances.",said Robaz.
"We are always here for you my friend.",replied Caminrya.
"What is troubling you?",asked Zahashah
"It's Ninolan, he is trapped within these horrible visions, he screams every night, I've tried everything I could, I can not bring him out of it, this is why I seek your help.",explained Robaz.

Zahasha 6/24/05
"We must pull our powers together and focus my Brothers" Zahashah said to Caminrya and Robaz. The three Clerics bowed in reverence toTunare and began to call forth all the Healing powers they could. Each looking at Ninolan and praying for his cure.

Varthon 6/24/05
As the three of them chanted their spells there was a sudden burst, a fiery hot wind threw the three of them across the room. After the three of them shook off the debris, they looked around to see nothing. But most troubling to them at that instance, Ninolan was no longer there. A sense of dread filled their hearts. Zahashah was about to speak, but was interrupted by a powerful and dark voice, seemingly from nowhere.
"He belongs to ME now foolish little girl!",the voice said to Zahashah.
"What are you? Who are you?",demanded Zahashah.
The voice laughed in such a way, it made the blood in their veins freeze.

Varthon 7/7/05
Robaz fell to his knees, completely at a loss. The three clerics sat silent, never before had they failed. Caminrya thought for a moment.
"I sensed that this thing can be defeated, but I am afraid it will take a force the size of which we have not seen since the great war, and perhaps larger than that.",he said.
"Then we must begin gathering all those that we can.",replied Zahashah.
"Greetings friends.",boomed a voice.
"MacSlayer!",exclaimed Zahashah.
"I am most glad I found you, I fear I do not have happy news.",replied Macslayer.
"What do you mean?",asked Robaz.
"I spoke with the researchers in Tanaan Library, it seems dark forces are advancing towards New Tanaan, most believe they plan a take over, for what reason, is still unclear.",said Macslayer
"But Tanaan is neutral ground, an agreement was made ages ago by the Deities themselves."exclaimed Caminrya.

Crymea 7/7/08
Across the continents, the Trolls were getting antsy.

"What you saying, Gagak? Something wrong?"

"I not know, I feel badness in my belly. It not right. Like someone light fire and it not stop burning in there."

"You eat bad fish again!"

"No, not fish, something not right! I tell..."

The light streaked across the sky, and the trolls saw it for just a split second. Then, they vaporized in moment of a breath... except for Burab, who happened to be on the outskirts of the city.

Varthon 7/7/05
Burab took a look around at what was left, being a troll however, he lacked the intelligence to comprehend the magnitude of the situation. He heard footsteps coming towards him.
"Face me you miserable slug!",said a womans voice.
Burab's heart just about stopped at that moment.
"No, It no can be possible. Master killed you.",said Burab.

Varthon 7/7/05
The wall cracked and shook violently as Burab was smashed into it with an unseen force. He remained hanging on the wall, seeming to defy gravity.
"You will tell me all that you know about the Council of the DarkBlood.",demanded the woman.
"I not know what you mean.",pleaded Burab.
A streak of lightning pierced through him, Burab screamed in agony.
"I not know, please I not know!",pleaded Burab once more.
"Then you are of no use to me.",exclaimed the woman.
Then with a subtle flick of her wrist, a small light flew from her hand and struck Burab, shattering his skull into hundreds of pieces.

Varthon 7/11/05
Ninolan awoke. He tried to look around, but his vision was blurry. Wherever he was, it felt cold to him. The way the sound echoed led him to believe he was in a cavern. As he tried to call out for help, he realized he had no voice.

"It is of no use nature walker.",said a voice.

Ninolan tried to see where the voice was coming from, but his vision remained blurred.

"I have stripped you of voice and vision, your powers are no more.",said the voice.

Ninolan tried to run, but his legs would not move.

"You will serve me now mortal.",boomed the voice.

Zahasha 7/16/05
Zahasha looked at Robaz and Caminrya and said " We must go deep within Felwithe to the Sacred Pool my Brothers".
"Aye" said Caminrya, " We must gather together all of Walkers Clerics". " This task will not be without difficulties" said Robaz. " I have not seen the Great Caniel, the Mighty Rudee, Miss Pedi or so many of Walkers great Clerics in many many many Moons," sighed Robaz, with a wistful look upon his face.

Alternate Path 1 Vven 6/13/08